Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NFL and Tim Tebow


The NFL, without a doubt, will be better because of Timothy Richard Tebow. Tim Tebow has been nothing short of being a outstanding athlete and even greater person. Sometimes society as a whole does not like to root for the “golden boy” or “goody-two shoes”, but its a terrific quality to have. Unfortunately, I too have fallen victim to discounting what Tebow has accomplished. It can difficult not to root for him, however I now find myself to be one of his biggest supporters.

During the 2010 NFL Draft I placed a bet with my co-worker that Tim Tebow would be drafted in the first round. The Denver Broncos did not let me down. The Broncos took a lot of heat for “drafting the QB so early when he doesn't have all the necessary tools to make it in the NFL”. But can you coach winning qualities? Can you coach how to get the job done at any cost? He may not have the best throwing mechanics in the game, however his desire to get better as a athlete is outstanding. If I was a GM in the NFL, I would have drafted him also. The thing that sets Tim Tebow apart from others is his drive to be the best. As hard as it is to root for the “golden boy”, would you want to invest your money into anything else? One thing you can count on from Tebow- he will give everything he has on the field, and still have sportsmanship whether he wins or loses. If your a gambler, I wouldn't bet against him, because Tim Tebow does not fail.



No comments:

Post a Comment